Monday, May 21, 2018

Don’t know the graduate next to you? One-third of students take at least one class online. - Jeffrey J. Selingo, Washington Post

Two decades ago, when I was a student in a part-time master’s degree program at Johns Hopkins University, I would hurry from my office twice a week to make class, hoping like many of my classmates for a few minutes to grab coffee and a bite to eat before settling in for the 2 1/2-hour seminars.  Next week, when I address the graduating class of the same school, most of them will probably be meeting face to face for the first time at commencement: Seventy percent of this year’s graduates earned their master’s degrees online. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2018/05/17/dont-know-the-graduate-next-to-you-youre-not-alone-one-third-of-students-take-at-least-one-class-online/?noredirect=on